Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
“I have already suggested a way to change to the way we present our KPIs at our Performance meeting.” – NHS, Reading
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) help organisations understand how well they are performing in relation to their strategic goals and objectives and identify if the company is on track. Having the right people access the right performance data at the right time helps all staff throughout the organisation with continuously improving performance.
This engaging and practical one-day programme explores how to choose the right KPIs, how to use this information wisely and how to take corrective action where the KPIs show this is needed.
- Improved understanding of both performance management of your organisation and performance management indicators
- Feel confident about reading and understanding performance indicators
- Understand how to design relevant and robust performance indicators
- Ability to analyse and interpret performance indicators
- Confidence to report on performance indicators, both verbally and in writing
- Learn how to use performance indicators to actively drive improvements in organisational performance
- Explore best practise
- Who, what, when, where and why of performance management indicators
- “Choose them wisely, use them wisely, react to them wisely”
- Choose them wisely: designing relevant KPIs that will actively drive improvements in performance
- Use them wisely: from data to decisions
- React to them wisely: driving improvements in organisational performance
- The art of communicating performance management indicators
- Financial vs non-financial indicators
- Performance management specifically in the NHS
- Using performance indicators as a motivational tool
Who will benefit from attending?
This course is suitable for both financial and non-financial professionals and those involved in designing, monitoring and/or communicating performance management indicators.
Logistics: In-house one-day programme
Bringing their trademark upbeat and enthusiastic approach to every training course, all Finance Training Academy trainers deliver in an easily understood and engaging manner with skills that can be used in the workplace immediately and have everyone buzzing to do so!
All trainers are fully qualified accountants and experienced to Finance Director or equivalent level. Many are ILM qualified trainers. All are very skilled at bringing these courses to life!
- “Very motivational, can’t wait to put it into practise.”
- “Excellent communicator, friendly and engaging.”
- “Style and content of delivery was great.”
- “Very positive – given me ideas and confidence when presenting results in the future.”
- “Great tone and delivery – relaxed and friendly.”
- “Excellent speaker.”
- “Thoroughly enjoyable.”