Non-finance professionals to:
- have a better understanding of their numbers
- feel more confident engaging in financial discussions (budgets, projects, etc.)
- empower them to improve bottom line performance
Finance professionals to:
- add greater value to their organisations with improved professional & business skills
- become more well-rounded ‘business partners’
- ensure they can better support their non-financial colleagues in making more informed decisions to ultimately improve bottom line performance
Who better to train to both groups of people than energetic, fully qualified accountants who are experienced to Finance Director or equivalent level, who have been there on this journey and who are skilled and passionate about bringing these subjects to life for the many thousands who attend our popular courses?!
All Finance Training Academy trainers have a great passion and enthusiasm for ‘making finance fun’ and for ensuring course participants can use their finance training immediately in their roles and be buzzing to do so!
Your FTA Trainers
Andi Lonnen, FCCA, BA (Hons); former Finance Director
- International Trainer: trademark upbeat & enthusiastic approach delivering her training in an easily understood and engaging manner with skills that can be implemented in the workplace immediately and have everyone buzzing to do so!
- Conference Speaker: high profile conferences & events including for the NHS, ACCA, CIMA, AAT, Growth Accelerator, Women Leaders Association, Forward Ladies, Thrive Yorkshire and many more
- Author: ‘Be Fabulous at Finance’ published by Oodlebooks & a cycle touring book!
- Published articles: Finance Director, FT Adviser, Business Money, Women Leaders Association, Kent Women in Business, AAT, ACCA
- Chaired: ACCA Business Leaders Forum, Corporate Sector Network, Yorkshire Women’s Network over 10 years
- Background: fully qualified FCCA accountant with many years’ financial experience to Commercial Finance Director level in addition to being a qualified ILM trainer.
Sophie Turner, MSc, CIMA
Sophie qualified as a CIMA accountant whilst on the NHS Graduate Management Scheme. She now also has a Masters degree in International Business Management.
With vast experience in both the public and private sectors, and in Financial Accounts, Management Accounts, Healthcare, Retail, Supply Chain, Marketing, E-commerce and Customer Services, Sophie is well versed in all levels of business operations which allows her training sessions to be relevant and suitable to all audiences.
Most recently a Finance Business Partner to the European Supply Chain Director in a $2billion organisation, Sophie now delivers an outstanding training experience to delegates at all levels.
Stephen Bailey, ACA, portfolio Finance Director & qualified coach
With a very practical training approach, Stephen’s passion is to develop financial and commercial awareness. Material is delivered in an easily understood and engaging manner and newly acquired knowledge has immediate relevance to the workplace. Having worked as a senior financial professional for over twenty years in various industries and business ownership structures, Stephen brings a wide range of experience to share with both finance and non-finance professionals alike.
Stephen is a fully qualified ACA accountant and a fully qualified coach.
A former Finance Director, Lisa discovered yoga in her early 30s and found it an essential counter-balance to a demanding career. Having experienced the transformational healing power of yoga, Lisa then qualified as a British Wheel of Yoga teacher before continuing to become a yoga therapist and Mindfulness teacher. Furthermore, Lisa is one of a small, but growing, community of certified TRE (Tension, Stress & Trauma Release exercise) providers in the UK.
Andy Lock, ACA & accountancy practice owner
Andy has been called “The most positive accountant in the world” which is a good thing as he now delivers financial training in his trademark positive way!
Andy has been a Chartered Accountant for 18 years, and having been a Partner at a four Partner firm of Chartered Accountants he left in 2006 to set up his own Accountancy Practise.
The common message received from most people when working with Andy with either their finances or their mind-set is that he is not a normal accountant!
An enthusiastic and positive approach is guaranteed for every training programme that Andy runs, ensuring that he provides practical, easily understood financial training whilst emphasising that the right mind-set is as important as the figures themselves.
Paul Corlass – FCCA, Deputy Director of Finance
Paul Corlass is a chartered certified accountant with over 17 years of work experience within the public sector. He has gained significant skills and knowledge in numerous roles within large complex organisations, including the Local Authority, University, and a number of NHS organisations. Paul has been fortunate enough to gain experience working for a commissioner, mental health provider and most recently one of the largest teaching acute trusts in the Country.
Paul now forms part of a multi discipline senior management team leading a programme of change, financial recovery, and transformation in a very challenging environment and is one of our specialist trainers for NHS clients.
Rhona Graham, UK CIOT, VAT problem solver & gifted VAT Trainer
Rhona solves complex VAT problems for clients across a broad range of business sectors. Over the last five years, her work has saved clients over £2 million in overpaid or under-recovered VAT.
Given Rhona is particularly gifted at being able to explain complex, technical VAT in clear English and with an amazing amount of passion, she is a natural trainer on this topic. We are lucky to have her at the FTA!